October 03, 2008

My Songs #10


Music has a unique ability of reaching our emotions in a special way. A song can trigger feelings, some we may not even be aware we have. Some songs can even place our emotions in perspective when we are incapable of doing it for ourselves.

Over the next few months I plan to post ten songs on my blog. These are songs that have a special meaning to me. Songs that have helped me define how I feel, how I see myself or how I see the my world over the past few years. I realize I'm the only person who will understand exactly what each song means to me but I wanted to list them to remember.

The reason I picked each song, more than likely, has nothing to do with the artist's original intent but more for the way I've been able to connect the song with my emotions, feelings and life. Mostly through metaphors or analogies.




Send In The Clowns
Sung by Bing Crosby

Isn't it rich?
Are we a pair?
Me here at last on the ground,
You in mid-air.

Send in the clowns.

Isn't it bliss?
Don't you approve?
One who keeps tearing around,
One who can't move.

Where are the clowns?
Send in the clowns.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,
Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours,
Making my entrance again with my usual flair,
Sure of my lines,
No one is there.

Don't you love farce?
My fault I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want.
Sorry, my dear.

But where are the clowns?
Quick, send in the clowns.

Don't bother, they're here.

Isn't it rich?
Isn't it queer,
Losing my timing this late In my career?

And where are the clowns?
There ought to be clowns.

Well, maybe next year.


2 comments:

Daughter of Night said...

I've always loved this song. :-)

Freak said...

I totally agree. Music paints an amazing picture. It can justify so many things. It can be a silent message that no one else understands. It is purely magical. We would be truly lost without music!