May 08, 2009

Melted Hearts follow up

The night after my little girl melted my heart by asking me to be her prince, she once again found me in the kitchen. (Why am I spending so much time in the kitchen?) I had my back turned to her as I heard her start to talk.

Daddy? Can we play kill?

I turned around to see her standing with a play sniper rifle around her neck and a gun in hand for me to use. What a contrast to the princess outfit. I had to laugh.

Sure, I'll play with you but let's not call it "kill".

There was a silence as I thought of what to call it but all I could think about was her standing there with the guns. I took one and she ran off yelling bang, bang, bang.



Yep, that's Daddy's little girl too.

3 comments:

Daughter of Night said...

When don't call it "killing," we call it "Eliminating the Threat."

:-)

Daughter of Night said...

Oh, and we call girls like Abby "Warrior Princess." :-) She can wear her Snow White outfit AND carry her weaponry. This way, you know her Prince will be a very brave and very secure man. :-)

Time Traveller said...

Hahahaha! I like GI Abby better than Princess Abbie. My kind of girl :)