December 06, 2006

Stop and Smell the Roses









This is the road leaving my house. I ride on it twice a day but rarely take notice of it. Coming home the other day it reminded me of my favorite poem by Robert Frost 'The Road Not Taken' and the Beatles song "The Long and Winding Road'. I think it's very pretty with the leaves and all. In the picture there is a lot of green but not so much in person.







It made me wonder what other beautiful things do I see everyday and fail to appreciate. Beauty is all around us and we hardly notice. We take vacations to far away places looking for it but I think it's time to stop and smell my own roses.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love the green against the leaves. It's beautiful!

David said...

I know it is but I'm always in such a rush to get to work or home that I fly right past it.

Jen said...

That's how that goes when you see something day in and day out. It's harder to appreciate something when your nose is up against it. I'm glad you got to take a step back!
Some people never do that... Poor them.