November 25, 2007

Every year the wife adds something to our Christmas decorations. Usually I don't give it to much thought, except for having to put it together or hang it up. This year she added the nice little welcome sign you see below.


I know it looks cute and harmless but it's not. In fact I HATE IT!!! ... Why you may ask? Go on and push the play button, go ahead it can't hurt you.




Doesn't seem to bad does it? Let me fill you in. It's hanging on the garage door. The door we use to enter the house and more importantly the door that is in my garage. So what, your thinking? Well here's your big "so what". THE DUMB THING IS MOTION ACTIVATED! Yep, enter the house you hear it. (push play) you walk around the garage you hear it (push play again) You try your best sneaky ninja move to not set it off, you hear it. (play it again Sam) Even camouflage is no match for this thing. (push play, play, play... )


The wife thinks its the greatest thing ever made because it irritates me to no end. It's quickly driving me insane. I can't even go out in the garage and pretend to be doing something because the thing goes off every step I take. Something tells me this wreath isn't going to make it to Christmas.


How many more days? *sigh* Push play... :(

12 comments:

Jen said...

"This year she added the nice little welcome sign you seed below."

I can't help but giggle with this sentence.
I LOVE spelling errors. They're the best!! "seed" below!
*giggle*

I think you need to push your ninja skills to the limit and give this bastard a sharp chop to the forehead.
Hi-ya Buddy!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a quick malfunction in your future.
*wink*

Time Traveller said...

so cute. :)

Jen said...

I actually spent a lot of time pushing play, and you're on to something with that insanity thing.
Whoa Santa!

Daughter of Night said...

I think Santa is well on his way to becoming battery-deficient. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that's a terminal illness.

Perhaps someone will kidnap Santa? Hold him for ransom? Write a threatening note? Ensure that Santa's body will never be found should compliance with the demands not be immediately demonstrated?

All in the holiday spirit, my friend.

;-)

Jen said...

I could start clipping magazines and send you a great ransom note if you wanna kidnap him in my place, RT!

We could send your wife pieces of him!
HAHAHAHAHA *clears throat* I mean, HOHOHOHO

I'm having way too much fun with this!

Daughter of Night said...

"we could send your wife pieces of him."

Oh, I love it. This is exactly the kind of holiday game that could easily replace an Advent Calendar.

David said...

What spelling error? I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about.

Cute my ass! :) push play a few more times, you'll see.

Ha! You guys are too funny!
The mistake I made was complaining about the damn thing. Now if something should accidentally happen to it *wink* I'll be the number one suspect. I covered the sensor with some tape but she pulled it off. Taking the batteries out is a good idea but since she is my one and only source of "getting some" I better not. ;)

No the only solution is to find something equally irritating to her and then negotiate.

Any ideas?

Jen said...

Fix your posts all you want, I'll always know!! Mwhahaha

I totally agree that you gave yourself away with expressing your dislike for the thing. I suppose I could be persuaded to drive down there and leave you tied up in the garage when I take it!
I could leave one of his eyes so she knew I meant business!
;)

I'll give the irritating her idea some thought!
:)
There's a glimmer of hope in that plan.
Hee hee.

Time Traveller said...

The things not cute you nerd. You're cute :)

David said...

Jen: HA! If I'm going to be tied up, I sure wouldn't want it to be in the garage *wink*.

Not a bad idea but she would just go buy another one :(

I could get a whoopee cushion and keep hiding it where she's going to sit but that's a lot of work for me. :(

I need something voice or motion activated to put in her car or the bedroom. Maybe something that plays "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" :D

20 Something: AWWWWWWWWW that was so sweet, right up until you called me a nerd :| lol

Time Traveller said...

Nerd in a nice way :)

Its cute thinking of you running about grumpy like Mr Wilson from Dennis complaining about a christmas decoration. :)

http://www.amazon.ca/Dennis-Menace-Nick-Castle/dp/customer-reviews/6302914469

Jen said...

I'd keep you warm for a bit while you were in ropes, RT.
*grin*