December 06, 2008

When "Hey" really means "move the hell out of my way"



Listen up Mr. Man at the gym I don't know. I didn't get up at 6:00 AM on Saturday to chit chat with you. I'm sorry, really sorry, that the exercise I needed to do just happen to be next to you. You seem like a real nice guy but if you haven't noticed, this isn't a social club.

I don't care how much you use to weigh, how much you can lift, how many inches your legs are or how many pounds you lost. The name and cost of your supplements isn't good conversation either. Why are you pushing them so hard anyway? Are you a vitamin salesman or something? Well actually I know you're not because you told me about your job, your work schedule and your up coming business trip.

Again I'm sorry (for me) that my mp3 player hanging out of my ears didn't give you a clue. Or the fact that I kept trying to lift even though you kept right on talking. Even when I walked to the other side of the gym you just raised your voice so I could hear you, which by the way was worse than being next to you.

Here's a little tip. Sometimes when someone says "hey" to you it might not be because they are striking up a conversation but rather to get you to move from in front of the weights they need. Maybe if you talked less, that two hour workout you bragged about could be cut down, to say, a hour. You know, a hour, like the hour I WASTED this morning. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

7 comments:

Jen said...

It really feels great to vent doesn't it!?
:)

Time Traveller said...

Not feeling the Christmas spirit? :)

Next time, start talking to him, just keep talking and talking, even if he tries to walk off, follow him, to every treadmill, bench, shower if you have to. Just talk to him until HE gets sick of YOU :)

Daughter of Night said...

I find that a quick, brutal punch to the left kidney is wildly effective in those circumstances.

David said...

LOL!

So this Saturday I'll follow him into the shower and drop him with a brutal kidney punch, on the left side of course. >:(

Then I'll be more in the Christmas spirit and have less to vent about. Sounds like as good a plan as any! :D

Daughter of Night said...

Oh, I forgot you're a lefty. Right kidney works just as well. :-)

Jen said...

And if you manage to get arrested after that escapade in the bathroom, call Daughter and me, and we'll come get you outta jail!

:-D

David said...

HA! If I sucker punch a guy in the shower at my gym I'd be lucky to make it to jail.

They don't take kindly to men being in the shower together... they frown on punching people as well :p