January 21, 2009

Confession # 11


Awhile back I was conversing with my friend from Australia. During our conversation she mentioned something that changed the way I think about their whole Continent.

It seems that kangaroos are NOT to be found everywhere you go. Yep, believe it or not, according to her, kangaroos aren't just hanging out at the mall , on every street corner or in people's backyards. Okay, I didn't think they were at the mall but I did think they are like the deer we have here. Every once in awhile you see a few grazing on the side of the road or eating the shrubs in your yard. It's nice to see them but no big deal. Apparently in Australia kangaroos are only found in the bush and at the zoo. I guess it's like the way you can only find jackalopes in the mid-west here.

Boy do I feel gullible for jumping to conclusions sometimes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol i love the pic, mate!

Jen said...

Don't feel gullible. Then I'd have to feel gullible too!
:-P

David said...

Irene: I like it too. I didn't even know they could ride bikes.

Jen: Don't worry, it's hard to put something past me ;)

Time Traveller said...

LOL! I used to think that too - until I went. I saw two Kangeroos crossing the road near Phillip Island, but non in malls.

I did see one in my bathroom though.

Oh and have you ever seen a pademelon? Like a miniture kangaroo - very very cute indeed :)